Superiority of the First Ten Days of Dhul-Hijjah
The excellence of these ten days have been mentioned in the Qur'an and the Sunnah.
1. Allah says in the Qur'an:
"By the dawn and by the ten nights … "Al-Qur'an 89:1-2]
Ibn Kathir said that "the ten nights" referred to here are the ten days of Dhul-Hijjah.
Most Muslims know well the blessings of the nights of Ramadan, especially the last ten nights. However, not everyone knows that the first ten of the month of Dhul-Hijjah are equally packed with blessings.
Recommended Acts of Ibada’ats.
1. Prayer : Increase in your prostration to Allah.
2. Fasting : on the day of 'Arafah - Prophet, (SAW), said regarding fasting on the day of 'Arafah:
"Be content with the fact that Allah will expiate for you your sins for the year before (the day of 'Arafah) and the year after (the day of 'Arafah)." [Reported by Muslim]
3. Increase in Takbeerat: "So increase yourselves in saying la illaha illallah, allahu akbar and alhamdulillah."Imam al-Bukhari.
4. Qurbani: Sacrificing the animals of Qurbani on the day of Eid ul Adha is also the most beloved action to Allah (swt) on that day.