Job Advert - Low Carbon Al-Meezan Project Champion - Resource
Job share – 20 hrs a week, £23,000 pro rata, fixed term from June 2017 to 31st March 2018
We are looking for an enthusiastic Resources Champion to complement our team of 6. You will need a passion for refusing, reducing, reusing and repairing, recycling and an ability to support the process of behavior change with creativity and fun.
Al-Meezan House in Dumbreck, where you will be based, is a community centre that focuses on faith based teaching of Islam, welcoming over 600 Women and children weekly.
1) Save 2.415 tonnes of Co2e through 150kg (textiles and books) being saved from being sent to landfill through reusing by 50 users who will actively buy less (through signing up to pledge)
2) Work with users in relation to the 5R’s (Refuse, Reduce, & Repair, Reuse & Recycle) to enable them to reduce overall resource consumption in their homes.
3) Support work with volunteers to enable 30 volunteers in Al-Meezan community to increase their skills and gain training and qualifications in the areas of Food, Transport and Resources.
• Delivery of project outcomes (as above) as well as monthly and final report
• Undertaking necessary training on climate change
• Supporting participants to increase their awareness and understanding of climate change and climate friendly living around food waste, composting, resourcefulness.
• Day to day management of project initiatives with the support of volunteers.
• Representing the project to users at Al-Meezan
• Engaging with Al-Meezan users to encourage participation and volunteering on the project
• Developing and offering advice and support for general climate friendly living at Al-Meezan and in people’s homes
• Developing relations with users to create awareness of the projects activities and outcomes.
• Developing relations with partners, other CCF projects and community organisations.
• Sourcing and developing support and marketing materials.
• Attending regular team meetings and wider CCF network meetings and share learning's with the team
• Undertaking data collection and analysis.
• Delivering workshops or seminars.
• Undertaking relevant tasks or duties as determined by the Low Carbon Al-Meezan Project Manager.
You will be:
• Patient and supportive to enable behavior change over many months
• Have an understanding of how effective behavior change works
• Committed to climate friendly living or learning more about it
• Be an enthusiastic self-starter who can take the initiative as a well as work closely with team members
• Able to manage multi project strands and deliver outcomes
• Flexible to work some evenings and weekends
• Creative and positive to see opportunities in challenges.
To Apply: Please send your CV with a covering letter detailing why you are the right person for this job to Linsay Taylor, Project Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) c/o Al-Meezan House, 1 Rowan Road, Glasgow, G41 5DL
Closing Date: 29th May, 2017 and Interviews to be held immediately after.